Below you will find a current list of publications that have direct ties to research conducted at the CINRAM. Additional publications and documents can be found by searching in the UMN Digital Conservancy.
Research and Assess the Farmer and MnDOT Economic and Environmental Costs and Benefits of Living Snow Fences, Including Carbon Impacts
Environmental Effects of Woody Biomass - UMN Extension Fact Sheets
Minnesota River Basin and Elm Creek water quality
- Attenuating Excessive Sediment and Loss of Biotic Habitat in an Intensively Managed Midwestern Agricultural Watershed. Watershed Management 2010 © ASCE 2011. C.F. Lenhart, K.N. Brooks, J.A. Magner and B. Suppes
- Spatial and temporal variation in suspended sediment, organic matter, and turbidity in a Minnesota prairie river: implications for TMDLs. Environ Monit Assess (2010) 165:435–447. C. F. Lenhart, K. N. Brooks, D. Heneley , J. A. Magner
- Adjustment of prairie pothole streams to land-use, drainage and climate changes and consequences for turbidity impairment. River Res. Applic. (2011). C.F. Lenhart, E. S. Verry, K.N. Brooks and J. A. Magner
- Discovering Profits in Unlikely Places: Agroforestry Opportunities for Added Income A guide to finding profit niches on your farm, and a variety of color illustrations and suggestions on various agroforestry practices. Practices include windbreaks, forest farming, alley cropping, riparian forest buffers, woody crop plantations, and silvopasture. For use by private landowners, farmers, and natural resource professionals.
Publications available directly from CINRAM
Proceedings from the 1998 Specialty Forest Products/Forest Farming Conference.
This publication provides a complete collection of papers presented at the Farming the Forest for Specialty Products conference held in Minneapolis, MN, in October of 1998. Papers include in these proceedings are from nationally known experts in various aspects of forest farming and/or specialty forest products from the US and Canada. Specific topics addressed in the proceedings include growing ginseng and other medicinal products under natural shade, growing and marketing hazelnuts and walnuts, and many other topics.
Publications available from the Commission for Environmental Cooperation of North America
- Rainforest Alliance Xate Initiative
- Does Natural Resource Extraction Mitigate Poverty and Inequality? November 2006
- Palm Project Plan, June 2004
- Proyecto Palma, Junio 2004 (en español)
- The Market for Chamaedorea Palms in North America and Europe
- The Potential Market, and Market and Certification Mechanisms for Palms of the Genus Chamaedorea
- Cancun Meeting Summary
- Fair Trade Rules Sought for Church Palm, Associated Press Release
- Palm Informational Brochure
- Forest Stewardship Council’s Generic NTFP Certification Guidelines
- Fairtrade Labeling Organization (FLO) Fairtrade Coffee Standards [farmer]
- Fairtrade Labeling Organization (FLO) Fairtrade Cut-Flower Standards [worker]